Monday, November 8, 2010

My Office Reveal

Happy Monday! I'm so excited to start the week of with a big reveal. 

I will admit, it took me forever to finish my office! But I have finally finished it...and I think it turned out great.

You will notice that it is not black :) While I have 2 gallons of my favorite black paint in my basement ready and waiting, I decided to leave my office this taupe-gray color.

Don't worry--at some point in the future my office will need to be moved downstairs to the guestroom (revealed here: http://fallsdesign.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-guest-room-2-reveal.html) to make room for another bedroom upstairs. My plan is to paint one wall black and put my desk against that wall.

But back to this reveal...here are some pics of my office the day we moved in:


I painted it immediately...and this is how it sat for a while:




Then I bought my White Parson's Desk from West Elm. I also brought up the Turmeric Wrap Dining Chair that I had previously in my guestroom. The linen nail head trim chair you see to the left is a great Home & Garden chair I bought online from Kmart...and while it is so beautiful it's not really comfortable for writing at your desk. However, it makes a perfect accent chair in the room. I also bought the lamp from Kmart.


This is my billy bookcase from Ikea filled to the brim with my books, magazines, and supplies.






And finally, thanks to help from my mom, I was able to hang my photos and shelves to complete the room.





The white shelves are from Ikea, the box is from HomeGoods, and the hurricane is from Target:



The silver frames are from Target, and I used my ol' trick of using craft paper. This designer paper is from Paper-Source and matches my chair perfectly!



Here's a shot of the closet in my office. My other closet is in my bedroom...but this is where I house most of my shoes (minus boots), hats, scarves, and dresses. I thought it looked weirdly like the same color scheme as my office :)


Tray from West Elm.


Black/White box & wicker baskets from HomeGoods.


I also moved my jewelry amoire in from the guestroom...now I can truly get completely ready in my office / dressing room! This beautiful crochet piece was a gift from my Aunt Susie for my wedding. It has Heather & Ryan plus our wedding date. I absolutely treasure this!


So there you have it! Not too shabby for a home office. I can't wait to finally start writing in there!

Also--just thought I'd post photos of our first fire of the season!!! Ahhh I love this time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment