Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Design Envy: Large Closets

If you are like me, you are starting to remove your spring/summer clothes from your closet, and unpack your fall/winter items. This is one of my all-time favorite ways to stay organized. Plus Ryan always laughs at how excited I get when I discover pieces I totally forgot about. It's the cheapest way to shop!

I do this to #1: Stay Organized but #2: I just don't have enough space! Ryan and I both love clothes, and have collected many items over the years. Because we don't buy anything super trendy, we tend to keep pieces for a while...which leads to us being completely overtaken by clothes!

We both currently operate out of 2 closets each! this does not include our 2 coat closets, the packed away clothes in the attic, or the 2 rolling racks we have in the basement.

Lately, I have been dreaming about one day extending onto our house and having a true master bedroom with a walk-in closet, and space for my shoes...seriously does anyone know how to store boots efficiently????

In honor of this far-off dream, I wanted to show you some designer closets Elle Decor is featuring this month...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Jimmy Choo founder, Tamara Mellon:
Photographer: Simon Upton
Interior Designer Nate Berkus:
Photographer: Pieter Estersohn
Fashion Designer Nanette Lepore:
Photographer: William Waldron
(Love the Chinese Art Deco rug from ABC Carpet & Home.)

Fashion Designer Anna Sui:
Photographer: Eric Boman
Creative Director for JCrew (and one of my fav. style crushes!!!) Jenna Lyons:
Photographer: Rebecca Greenfield
See she doesn't know how to store boots well either :) Okay...tomorrow I am totally doing a post on how to organize winter boots!

Jeweler Loree Rodkin:

Photographer: Firooz Zahedi

Estée Lauder Creative Director Aerin Lauder:

Photographer: Simon Upton
 (In case you are obsessed with the wallpaper like me, it's from Gracie wall coverings)

One day I'm sure I will get a larger closet...until then I will just have to stay organized and get more creative...and maybe stop buying clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment