Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Bathroom School Project 3

Happy Wednesday!

So I have officially constructed my first 3D model for my interior design and architecture class. I wish I could have had a video of me up until 2am hot gluing, painting popsicle sticks, etc. Let's just say I was a mad women :) And although it's FAR from perfect or even beautiful, it's finished and I am proud. After all, I had to keep reminding myself that I am not taking a 3D model class and we were never even shown how to construct these--just given examples of previous students projects. So under the circumstances, I think I did the best I could.

Now remember my inspiration board:

And here was my to-scale drawing:

And here is my 3D model:



As you can see my vision has a herringbone tile pattern, but it was impossible to do with the mini tiles I had to work with, since I couldn't cut the tile.
I am finishing my official inspiration board--which will be just my board above put on core board with the actual tile and hardware I plan to use. I'll post that pic tomorrow along with amazing shots of Amy's house.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. This came out great! are you moving your linen closet? I hope we can do our bathroom around the same time as you guys do it!

    ReplyDelete