Monday, February 28, 2011

Inspiration Board: Billy's Hallway

What? You want another inspiration board? Okay.........:)

My friend's boyfriend just moved into a killer house and asked me to help him with his hallway. I was so excited I immediately sent him an email asking for a budget and room dimensions. He almost as immediately regretted asking me to help.

But never the less I found the most amazing (and cheap at $19.99) striped rug that I thought would look fabulously fresh and masculine in a house of 5 young men.

I based this concept around the warm rich tones of a gentleman's club room. I also wanted to make it practical--I did say 5 young men live here--so I wanted to use a mirror with hooks for keys,  a large basket for all of those shoes, and a cool dish for that extra parking meter change.

My goal is to keep this all under $200...I'm up to the challenge!

I'm on an inspiration board roll...do you need one? Email me at heathermuety@gmail.com

On a random note, I came across this BEFORE & AFTER on DesignSpongeOnline, and I fell in love! Look how utterly amazing floral designer Jennie's transformation is. I want this dresser in my equestrian chic designed room, whenever that happens :)

BEFORE

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment