Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Favorite Boys Rooms

My girlfriend at work is moving into a new house, and is looking for cool design/inspiration for her two super cute sons rooms.

When it comes to kids rooms I always like to think in themes...but not over-the-top kids themes...more like is this a preppy room or a rustic room? Is it going to have nautical accents or wildlife accents? Or maybe an old book theme...seriously it can be anything! But the overall feel should be more whimsical than real.

Two of my favorite color combinations for kids rooms lately are navy and kelly green...and gray and orange. I think a great way to bring in the whimsical elements is by painting stripes...either on the walls or the ceiling. If you are going with a rustic theme...what about putting barn wood on the ceiling instead of tongue and groove wood?

The key is you don't have to buy kids decor to make it kid-friendly. Quite the contrary--you can find graphic rugs, beautiful curtains and great textured fabric anywhere. Plus, if you stick with ageless pieces they will be able to grow with your kid, or one day move to the guest room.

Check out some of my favorite Boys rooms below:















 









Here are some of my favorite adult fabrics that can easily be used in a kids room







No comments:

Post a Comment