Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Black + White Victorian Townhome

House Beautiful magazine has been rocking out with their most recent issues. I can't walk by in a store without buying this magazine--and every month I can't remember if I already subscribe :) 

I absolutely fell head over heels for this San Francisco Victorian town home featured below. The whole home is done in black + white + grays + natural fabric + pops of red and pink. It leaves you feeling charmed yet refreshed! 

I absolutely love that they used gold flecked grass cloth wallpaper with black crown molding in the dining room. It's so dramatic.
 
Ummm this kitchen is going in my dream folder. You can't see really well from this picture, but they have classic subway tile as counter to ceiling back-splash, and they reinterpreted the traditional glass cabinets with wire cage instead. I love that these wire cabinets + the industrial pendants + metal stools perfectly balance the traditional espresso island and carerra marble top. And then don't forget about the gray washed wood floors. I love everything about this kitchen!
 
When I think about my office this is what I'm envisioning with my blue/black paint. How beautiful and crisp is this room? I love the white, glass, and then the grounding warmth of a antique wood piece. 
 
Beautiful! They wrapped their fireplace wall in croc-textured wallpaper.
A high-gloss candy red door sets the tone of something more unexpected than your typical Victorian.
 

 





All images via House Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment