Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Amy's Dining Room - from Traditional to Fresh & Chic

Remember how my good friend from Amy, from Chicago, asked me to help her with her dining room? It lead me to do some soul searching on dining rooms here.

Well I finished 2 design boards for her...and not only did she choose one...but she has already started painting! I can't wait to share before & after photos with you.

Amy already has a gorgeous Queen Anne style dinning set which belonged to her parents. It's very traditional, but is so beautiful that with the right accessories (new fabric on the chair seats & dramatic chandelier) the room will look fresh, chic and charming!

I decided to go with a blue theme. I realized half way through that my own dining room is also charcoal and white...but I wanted to go with more of a jewel-toned blue or light gray for Amy.

The two directions I went with are very similar.

The first direction uses warm wood tones and iron accessories that pop against a white wall:


And the second direction uses elegant white and gold tones that will be amazing against a bolder blue.

Amy decided to go with Board 1...but use the gate mirrors from Board 2 in her adjacent living room! I love that idea!

Here are my resources...I promise to share photos with you as soon as it's done!

Board #1:
Fabric - Calico Corners
Chandelier & Rug - Ballard Designs
Sconces - Wisteria
Mirror - Potterybarnhttp://www.potterybarn.com
Table Lamps - Target
Benjamin Moore Paint (Oxford Gray & Decorator's White)


Board #2:
Fabric - Calico Corner
Mirrors, Chandelier & Rug - Ballard Designs
Gate Mirrors & Hanging Gold Mirrors - Ballard Design
Table Lamps - Wisteria
Curtains - Potterybarn
Benjamin Moore Paint (Decorator's White & color-match Blue)

Need help with a room, or want an inspiration board? Email me @ heathermuety@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment