Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Favorite Home Scents

Friends have asked me what I use to make my house smell so good, so I thought I'd share my favorites.

I am a "thorough shopper" to say the least when it comes to home fragrances. I am usually a sucker for anything sweet or citrus.

Here are my favorites (in no particular order):  

1.  Anthousa Nectarine and Red Currant
 

Nectarine & Red Currant: A succulent accord of nectarine notes enhanced with juicy peach. The sparkling fruitiness is interwoven with a unique red currant note and warmed with light touches of nutmeg absolute, bois de rose and tonka bean


2.  Westin Hotel's signature scent White Tea


Not only is this scent so fresh and clean it makes my head spin with happiness, it reminds me of two of my favorite events: my wedding & my trip to Florence where I stayed in a Westin. Whenever I smell this I'm instantly brought back to these memories! I love how they offer everything from candles and potpourri, to diffusers and even a scent system similar to what the hotel uses. This is beyond fabulous!

3. Restoration Hardware's Fresh 
(Although I just tragically learned they discontinued this scent, but if you hurry I'm sure most stores still have products left--you might see me--I'll be the one with a basket full of Fresh Room Spray)


But be sure to check out Restorations new scents...I'm sure they will be equally fabulous!
  • Ginger Pear
  • Honeydew Quince
  • Persimmon Spice
  • Pomegranate Cassis 
  • Tuberose Amber
  • White Peony


4. Trapp No. 28 Bamboo Sugercane

This is by far my favorite candle ever! It's the perfect blend of green, sweet and refreshing. 




According to Trapp, each poured candle is painstakingly crafted of fully-refined paraffin wax, saturated with perfume, and carefully hand-poured to make the highest quality products. These candles are abundantly fragranced with the finest essential oils.


 

This collection combines the tangy aroma of grapefruit with a hint of natural orange fragrance to energize, deodorize, clean and refresh. (William's Sonoma Website)

Tip: If you ever need a hostesses gift, this is a great option! I have one in each of my bathrooms plus my kitchen! 

Once you love a scent...you can pick up the other complimentary products to make your kitchen smell amazing!


Hope you love these as much as I do. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment