Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Part 2 of 2: Inspiration Board: Maxine's Bathroom

So as I said yesterday, my friend Maxine contacted me about doing an inspiration board for her bathroom. Well, after Maxine sent me some photos of her bathroom, I was 1: totally jealous and 2: excited to help highlight this beautiful bathroom.


Most of us aren't as lucky as Maxine to be working with such a large bathroom with modern and clean lines. But sometimes new large spaces can be just as difficult to design. Here is the bright, cheerful, and charmingly modern inspiration board I designed for Maxine:


Like any room you are stuck with, you can always look for a pattern to kick start your design. Sine curtains don't really work, I tend to look at shower curtains.

Here are some super cool shower curtains:

I absolutely love these designs from Echo:

Urban Outfitters:
Dwell


TIP: Sometimes Potterybarn can feel to stuffy--don't forget to check out Potterybarn Kids for cool graphic prints like this:
Crate & Barrel
CB2
 
Red towels like these from Smartbargains.

Canary towels from Anthropologie.


A fabulous red rug from Anthropologie:
I love having a stool in your bathroom for clothes, extra towels, or to sit on when you are blow drying your hair :) This white creme recycled leather with saddle-stitch wraps and solid beechwood from CB2 is my favorite:
If you are like me and take your jewelry off (rings and all) before every shower, these glass boxes are key!

Since you have 2 bold pieces in your shower curtain and rug, I absolutely love the idea of hanging these wall decals/empty frames from Etsy around your bathroom...so simple and cute!!!

Modern stainless steel bathroom accessories from CB2:

Put extra red hand towels rolled in a low profile basket like this one from Crate & Barrel in between your sinks--not only will this be convenient for guests, but it will add a pop of color to your sink.

Maxine--I hope you like red :) Make sure to send pics of the "After."

No comments:

Post a Comment