Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas trees are up!


Happy Monday everyone!

This weekend I finally got both of my trees (living room + family room) up and decorated. I love the feeling of a fire in the fireplace, a good movie on, a decorated Christmas tree, and a cup of coffee in my hand. It really is my happy place that I go to often (in my head) when life feels too hectic.

Here are a couple photos of my decorations (ps I know I need a tree skirt :)

I'm loving the beautiful mercury glass candlesticks and Christmas tree (gifts from my mother-in-law) which are currently living on my mantle.

We decided to decorate the upstairs tree very formal with gold and silver balls and red leaves. The flowers are the best trick I have...not only are they beautiful and cheap (I just buy fake poinsettias at Michael's and pop off the flowers from the stem) but they are perfect for hiding bald spots in your tree.



And here is my downstairs tree...this is where we put all of our family ornaments. As you can see we need to fill in a little more with balls and flowers. But overall, I'm loving it!

Now I just need to get on top of my Christmas cards...I'll post on that later this week!

1 comment:

  1. I used your perfect poinsettia trick on our tree last night, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete