Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Impression

I have always loved a red brick house with black shutters, a black door and a fabulous door knocker. So very Beacon Hill. So I was very excited when Ryan and I bought are charming brick rambler last fall.

One of my upcoming projects will be to paint both my door and shutters black. I debated just buying new shutters, but my current shutters are a great width of 18". All of the new shutters I have found are between 14-15" wide. Since I am not willing to give up almost 4" per shutter, I decided to paint them black.

For my front door, I am going to use this highly-recommended paint from Benjamin Moore for a true low-lustre black.



I am also on the hunt for a vintage door knocker. When I was in Florence I fell in love with the oversized and gothic door knockers. Here are some of my favorites...







I can't wait to post before and after photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment