Monday, July 19, 2010

T-12 Days Until Party...Project Guest Room 2 Underway

Do you ever plan parties to force yourself to do projects around the house you have been putting off forever? I am totally guilty of this. Case in point...friend's engagement party in 12 days. So for the next 12 days please do not call/email me because I will be ripping up my kitchen floor, laying new porcelin tile, grouting my bathroom tile, hanging chair rail/crown moulding, and painting my exterior shutters.

Oh yeah...and creating a second guest room...which leads me to my post...

Ryan and I have been using our second guestroom, located in the basement, as our pseudo garage since we moved in. Our out-of-season clothes, pictures, lamps, have called this room home. But with guests coming in 12 days we had to quickly clean this out and make it feel like a guest room.

We painted the walls with Simply White by Benjamin Moore. I'm not going to lie, I'm a huge fan of BM colors, but not so much the paint. I find it to be very thin. I might commit the cardinal sin of color matching BM with Lowe's Valspar for my family room...don't hate me!

Simply White is part of the Potterybarn/Benjamin Moore Summer line. After doing thorough research and testing 5 BM whites on my wall, I really fell in love with this one. I also tested Decorator's White, Dove White, Cloud White and Soft White.

The room came out beautifully bright and airy. I also purchased this bed from Ikea (below):

And I've had this awesome Orange/White Tile Duvet from Potterybarn forever just waiting to use it:


I'm going for a whole farmhouse meets artsy chic feel.

Will post shots of the room and my mood board later...

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment